Thursday 15 February 2018

Something's not quite right with my e in ebike

Technically is it the motor? not actually sure and I suppose, possibility is low, more likely some of the support around it as motors are pretty simple at the end of the day :)

So over the last few days, I've been using the throttle and higher level PAS - instead of the usual 3-5, more like 6-9, which I figure has pushed the power up on the drive. Which correlates with the display showing me close / at 750 at times.

Problem is I'm feeling the pedals jump, initially I thought it was delay gear shifting as the feeling through the pedals is similar, but then it was clear that it was happening even when I'd been static gear selection for a while.

It definitely occurs when the demand/assist is higher, and will occur few times a minute if I just use the throttle.

Thinking a little :) this may well have evolved from creaky cranky

As I have the news in my eyes on my commute, I don't hear any noises, so it may have been there for a while I suppose.

Looks like it's time to have to pull the motor housing apart...

youtube media hunting time and lunacycles forum too....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.